Bill Canady is the author of The 80/20 CEO. If you read his bio below you will see that Bill is a hard-charging successful businessman, a man who forges ahead and has drive and plenty. Based on his research and talking to other authors, Bill became convinced that he should use Amazon’s Author Advertising program.
Even though his book doesn’t launch until February 27, his ad program has already won him a lot of sales and excellent rankings in 3 categories: #22 in Strategic Management, #37 in Strategy & Competition and #79 in Business Systems & Planning.
We asked Bill to lay out his strategy for other authors to consider. Here’s the author in his own words reporting on this ad program.
By Bill Canady, author of The 80/20 CEO
Perhaps you are like me and don’t have a large following. Unless you are a major public figure, it is unrealistic to think you can publish your book and it will organically become a best seller. It would be best if you promote your book for it to succeed. Amazon offers an effective solution that can be tailored to your needs. Things to consider:
- Ability to target your specific market. You know your target customer better than anyone. Let them know you have just the book for them.
- Get thousands of impressions for free. Your targeted ad displays every time someone searches for the terms you have specified. The amount you bid on the keyword determines the position. It costs nothing for the impression.
- Only get charged when someone clicks on your ad. If they don’t click, you don’t pay.
- Easy to create. You select your book to promote, pick your parameters, and decide how much you will spend. Amazon does everything else.
- Spend as little or as much as you want when you want. Amazon makes a recommendation as to how much to bid. You make the final decision.
- Simple to modify. You can modify your bids and keywords at any time.
- Don’t need to create anything. You have already done the hard work of writing the book and getting it published. Input who you want to target and how much you want to spend. Amazon does the rest.
- Ability to bundle multiple books in one campaign. One campaign can be used for all of your books
- Generate buzz before the book is available to ships. Build your buzz prelaunch. Once your book in on amazon, regardless if it has shipped, you can start marketing it.
- Amazon account required. You can use your current account to pay for everything. You should also take the opportunity to build out your Amazon Author page.
Bill Canady is the creator of the Profitable Growth Operating System®, Bill Canady has over thirty years of experience as a global business executive in a variety of industries and markets focused on industrial and consumer products and services. As a leader, he aligns with key stakeholders to create a clear and compelling vision that rallies an organization to drive growth, control cost, and increase profitability.
Canady currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of two private equity-sponsored companies, OTC Industrial Technologies (https:/otcindustrial.com/) and Arrowhead Engineered Products (https://arrowheadepinc.com/).
OTC is one of the largest industrial solution providers in the US. It has thirty operating companies, $1 billion in annual sales, 2000+ employees, and over seventy sites. During his tenure, OTC has grown revenues by more than 43% and earnings over 78%. Canady was very recently brought in as CEO of Arrowhead, charged with leading the company to profitable growth. Arrowhead Engineered Products (AEP) is a global supplier of non-discretionary, mission-critical, aftermarket replacement parts for wide variety of motorized vehicles. AEP operates in over 50 countries, with $1.6 billion in annual sales, and has 3200+ employees.
Canady had led numerous organizations through their most critical challenges and opportunities, often in complicated regulatory, investor, and media environments. Through the years, he has honed his passion for the art and science of business, developing a unique set of tools and techniques to grow multibillion-dollar companies. From this experience, he created the Profitable Growth Operating System® (PGOS) and has set out to help owners and operators around the world profitably grow their companies.
William Canady graduated summa cum laude from Elmhurst University (Elmhurst, IL) with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and received his MBA from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business. He is a proud veteran of the United States Navy.