GET A LAUNCH TEAM
Dear Writers & Authors,
Recently I have been advising our authors to form a launch team. Which behooves the question: what on earth is a launch team? A launch team is a group of three to five people handpicked by the author to help with the marketing of their book. Generally speaking the goal is to increase the author’s reach by capturing more followers and getting more notice than on their own.
Criteria for launch team members:
• Someone who is well known to the author either on a collegial or friendly basis.
• Someone with good social media skills and with a decent amount of followers, and who in some way is influential in their community.
• Someone willing to help the author extend her social media reach and get the word out about the book.
What you will ask of your launch team members
• That they rebroadcast any blog posts or social media you send them.
• That they encourage the author along the way towards launch.
• That they act as spokesmen and women for the book and the author.
If you can imagine a spiderweb with only one thread, that is the author’s thread. Now add three to five active social media people and you’ve got an active web, expanded far beyond the author’s reach.
That is the goal. Simple. Achievable. So what are you waiting for, little spiders?
Rock and Roll.
Copyright © 2018 Koehler Books, All rights reserved.
Koehler Books would like to share with you important info on upcoming books.
Our mailing address is:
Virginia Beach, Va 23455