Rising from ashes is hard. Giving up the one you love is harder.
Thirty-two year-old Phoenix Walker is an entrepreneur who has built an agency with a heart almost as big as his own. To add to his good fortune, he’s falling for Orchid Paige, the beautiful half-Asian marketer who’s collaborated with him on a winning military campaign.
Until an accident changes him forever.
Now, he’s faced with the hardest decision of his life. Does he burden the woman whose traumatic childhood makes him feel protective of her? Or does true love mean leaving her without explaining why?
Carol Van Den Hende is an author and Lone Star Writing Contest finalist who pens stories of resilience and hope. She’s also a speaker, strategist, and serves on nonprofit boards. One secret to her good fortune? Her humorous husband, fun-loving twins, and rescue cat, who prove that love really does conquer all.
- Goodbye, Orchid won a 2020 Audiobook Reviewer New Author of the Year. View the review here.
- Goodbye, Orchid won a 2021 Book Excellence Award.
- Goodbye, Orchid won a 2021 Authorshout Recommended Read Award.
- Goodbye, Orchid won a 2021 Kops-Fetherling International Award Multicultural Fiction Gold.
Goodbye, Orchid cover design won a gold American Advertising Award 2021.
- Goodbye, Orchid was awarded first place for Best Cover Design and Special Needs/Disability Awareness by the 2020 Royal Dragonfly Awards.
- Goodbye, Orchid is a finalist at the 2020 Best Book Awards in General Fiction and Best New Fiction.
- Goodbye, Orchid has won the category of “First Novel 50k to 80k Words” at the 2020 IAN Book of the Year Awards.
- Goodbye, Orchid has won honorable mention in general fiction at the 2020 New York Book Festival. View here.
Check out her latest award here.