Included Features with a Co-Publishing Contract:
- Turnkey publishing and management by Köehler Books
- A seat on our Emerging Authors Program
- Softcover and e-book included and hardcover optional
- Award-winning custom editing and design
- Publishing contract with a 2-year+ term
- ISBNs for print and e-book are included
- Contracted offer to publish your next book as a traditional deal if a sales goal (eg. 3,000) is reached
- Print and digital full distribution through Ingram to 39,000 bookstores and online retailers
- 50-70% author royalties on print and digital sales, 50% on foreign rights sales.
- Inclusion in Ingram’s catalogs
- Our Marketing program includes title tip sheet, media releases, book Web page, cover polls, and promoting the book to booksellers, Ingram and other distributors. We also coach authors on social media and other marketing through the life cycle of the book.
- 20 copies of your printed book
- Author may purchase additional books below wholesale
- Author may purchase advanced marketing package or hire one of our Experts to assist with marketing and/or design of websites, trailers and more.
- Crowdfunding options and coaching are available for authors who fit the criteria. Publishizer is our favorite option for authors who need to crowdfund and have the followers, marketing savvy, and social media strength to conduct a strong crowdfunding campaign.
A co-publishing deal includes developmental line editing and/or copyediting, cover wrap and interior layout and design, ISBNs, and all production for distribution of softcover and ebook, hardcover optional. It also includes a marketing program with author training and coaching, a 2-3 year term, a traditional deal for the next book if the author sells 3,000 or more units, 50-70% royalties based on net, a tip sheet, a digital Advanced Review Copy (ARC), a cover poll, inclusion in Ingram’s catalogs, and 20 printed softcover ARCs. The author shall provide edited text along with high-resolution digital illustrations, if any.
A co-publishing package with Köehler Books ranges in price, depending on the size of the book, the quality and craft of the manuscript, and the number of graphics and illustrations used on the interior of the book. Pricing ranges from $2750 – $3750 for a children’s book, $4950 – $5950 for a small memoir or non-fiction book, and $5499 – $7600 for a full-sized novel requiring developmental line editing.
Koehler Books will provide a line-item estimate detailing all costs for pre-publication work, along with a comprehensive publishing contract detailing royalties, term, production requirements, and other legal details. Your cost may vary from the above estimates, depending on the quality of the work and the anticipated editing time, as well as advanced design work needed.
Or maybe co-publishing isn’t for you?
If our traditional and co-publishing models are not a good fit, you may want to consider self-publishing directly with IngramSpark. They are our distributor and provide the best printing and distribution in the book world. This would require you to do it yourself or work with a designer and editor to properly prepare your book.
Meet your publisher and executive editor.
John Köehler and Joe Coccaro talk about their passion—helping other authors achieve their dreams.
Here’s our gift to you.
GET YOUR FREE EBOOK
Pocket Guide to Publishing: 100 Things Authors Should Know
“A clever and candid look under the hood of today’s publishing vehicle.” Ooh, I need this!“I wish Pocket Guide had been available when I started out.” “A real no nonsense guide for authors that cuts to the chase about publishing.”